Since the outbreak of COVID-19 and the associated lockdowns, NHP has implemented an evolving approach to managing this developing public health crisis to protect our staff, customers, partners, families, and our local communities.
While many restrictions have lifted, our focus remains on ensuring the health and wellbeing of our team members in our local communities, while maintaining high quality business operations in support of our customers and partners.
Responding to the regular changes to regulations, we have implemented several initiatives and conditions to protect our people, which will continue to evolve when further restrictions are lifted. These include:
- Staff directed to work from home if they can, which is made possible in most cases by our IT infrastructure, which allows them to remain connected with their colleagues and customers
- Limiting the numbers of staff at each location at any given time, ensuring there is enough space onsite to maintain social distancing, including between occupied desks
- Sanitary stations at all NHP locations, along with signage to remind staff to remain vigilant with social distancing and maintaining appropriate hygiene standards
- Providing appropriate cleaning products such as anti-bacterial wipes and encouraging staff to clean their desks daily
- Communal and high traffic areas to be cleaned regularly (daily at a minimum)
- All staff who are working at NHP locations in Australia are encouraged to download the Australian Federal Government's COVIDsafe app OR complete a Health Self Screening Questionnaire on a daily basis
- Daily temperature checks for our National Manufacturing and Distribution Centre in Laverton, Victoria
- Staff have been directed that if they have cold or flu symptoms, they must stay home and consult a doctor
- External visitors are discouraged
- One person per vehicle (such as forklifts) unless touchpoints of the vehicle have been sanitised
- Staff have been provided with resources to help them to navigate what is a tough time for many, including our Employee Assistance Program.
Integrated supply chain operations in Australia
- As NHP meets the requirements to maintain business operations as an essential service for our local communities, our integrated supply chain warehouse operations and manufacturing facilities remain open and operational to meet the needs of our customers and industry partners, however, at reduced capacity due to enforced COVID-19 physical distancing requirements in Victoria, where our National Manufacturing and Distribution Centre is based
- Implementation of hyper-care engagement with our supply and transport partners - internationally and domestically - to ensure the continued availability of products for our customers
- With reduced available airfreight and sea vessel capacity slowing the transportation of goods and significantly impacting global supply chains for specific products and services, accurate delivery information may not readily be available, so we ask for your patience during this period
- NHP continues to maintain a significant stock holding in our warehouse operations across Australia and New Zealand and are confident of our ability to continue to supply our customers with the requested (or similar) product in most cases.
On-site service and support and remote working
- NHP meets the requirements to maintain business operations as an essential service for our local communities, so our team will continue to travel and provide on-site service and support while adhering to all local laws and government health regulations
- The NHP team are working from various remote locations across Australia and New Zealand, remaining fully connected and secure with all our technology platforms and systems through our Azure cloud-based IT infrastructure
- Our teams are available to connect and collaborate with you and provide all necessary remote support, advice and assistance using available virtual technology platforms.
Education, training, and events
- To ensure the safety of our team, customers, and partners, NHP has temporarily postponed all face-to-face forums, workshops, seminars and events being hosted at NHP offices
- In their place, NHP will continue to run regular Live and On Demand webinars. Keep a look out for invitations via our social media platforms and through direct mail.
These measures have been implemented to support the wellbeing of our people, reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and ensure that NHP maintains a reliable service to customers and partners. NHP continues to closely monitor developments and will act decisively in the best interests of our people, customers, and partners.
For many of us, this is a highly disruptive and uncertain time. Rest assured the NHP team is here to assist you to navigate this unprecedented situation. We appreciate that you may have queries and we encourage you to contact your key NHP contact to discuss any questions that you have.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation during this challenging time.