The ControlLogix® and GuardLogix® 5580 Controllers have always been reliable and solid performers as an automation controller, and with the release of Studio 5000 V33 and PlantPAx 5.0, we now see a new generation of high-performance automation controllers from Rockwell Automation. Meet the new members of the ControlLogix 5580 family of controllers.
ControlLogix 5580 XT Controller (extreme temperature)
Designed with environmentally hardened components with the same performance, reliability and warranty as the standard product, the ControlLogix 5580 XT Controllers:
• are designed for eXTreme temperature ranges (-25 °C to +70 °C)
• feature convection cooled design
• have no fans, no filters, and no maintenance
• maintain the same product certifications as the standard product.
ControlLogix 5580 NSE Controller (no stored energy)
Designed for zone rated applications in the ControlLogix® Controller Platform, the ControlLogix 5580 NSE Controllers work in hazardous locations with less than 200 µJoules of energy discharge, with the same performance, reliability and warranty as the standard product. Key features include:
• no longer an Energy Storage Module replacement requirement
• ESM now embedded in the product from the factory in select catalogues
• certified via Test Safe Australia
ControlLogix 5580 Process Controller
Start and end projects in compliance with PlantPAx guidelines with the new ControlLogix 5580 process controller and utilise the new capabilities of Logix Designer version 33 to simplify the design environment configuration process. With embedded process instructions, task modeling, instruction usage and highly integrated HART, Logix Designer version 33 allows users to focus on what matters most.
The ControlLogix 5580 Process Controllers focus on plantwide process control. They come configured with a default process tasking model and dedicated PlantPAx® process instructions optimised for process applications that improve design and deployment efforts.
The ControlLogix Process Controller’s hardware is also conformal-coated to add a layer of protection when exposed to harsh, corrosive environments, and can be used in temperature extremes from -25…+70 °C (-13…+158 °F) when deployed as part of a Logix-XT system.
• Fulfills requests from process customers for a dedicated controller for process applications
• Provides out-of-the box engineering environment for process users (no continuous task, four pre-defined periodic tasks - fast, normal, slow and system)
• View of instruction usage per task for optimal task balancing and visibility, even while offline
• Embedded PlantPAx®5.0 library instructions
The version 33 release of the Studio 5000 Logix Designer® application also brings several new features and functions to the standard controller, including the highly anticipated ability to use ControlLogix 5580 controllers in a redundant configuration.