The FLEX 5000 I/O portfolio has been expanded to meet more application requirements with the release of new HART analogue input and output modules.
HART analogue I/O with HART Premier Integration improves uptime with enhanced HART device integration, extensive diagnostic coverage, time stamping and real-time device health monitoring. It allows easy access to highly integrated HART devices available in the I/O tree.
Other benefits include easier maintenance with visibility to device tag diagnostics based on Device Description (DD) files and reduced downtime by adding and replacing process devices online. All modules are available in two variants – ‘non-extreme environment’ (non-XT) and ‘extreme environment’ (XT) with conformal coating options for added protection against environmental stresses.
Key features include:
- 8-channel to channel isolated input and output modules
- Each channel can be configured as current, voltage or HART individually
- HART V7, V6 and V5 support
- Current sourcing of isolated loop power
- Readback functionality for outputs
- Per channel diagnostics with time stamp and protection
- New Logix feature – Highly Integrated HART (HIH)*
- Visible access to HART devices
- HART bus in Studio 5000 Logix Designer® I/O configuration tree
- Device connection fault status representation in I/O tree
- Add and replace HART devices online
- Integrated device information view
- Works with Studio 5000 Logix Designer®, version 32 or later
- Documentation in Literature Library and Add-on Profile (AOP) in Product Compatibility and Download Center (PCDC)