Until recently, encoders used for safety applications simply provided feedback into a dedicated safety control relay or safety module on a drive. For the highest safety ratings, these applications required features such as two different types of encoders working in parallel, additional wiring and fault tolerance.
To make life easier for our customers, NHP now offers the luxury of a fully-capable safety rated encoder, which operates entirely over Ethernet/IP, drastically simplifying the whole process.
Part of NHP’s SMART Safety offering, 843ES CIP Safety over Ethernet/IP Encoders are designed for safety applications that require speed, direction, or position monitoring safety functions. These encoders support the GuardLogix® controller-based safety functions, according to IEC 61800-5-2, in the Studio 5000 Logix Designer application. By providing auxiliary feedback directly through an Ethernet/IP network on CIP Safety, it makes it easier to achieve the desired safety integrity or performance level by reducing the number of components needed and utilizing the already available advanced drive safety instructions.
The 843ES CIP Safety over Ethernet/IP Encoders:
• are suitable for safety ratings up to and including Category 3, Performance Level e and SIL 3
• are suitable for various shaft and mounting arrangements including clamping, synchro and square flange options for solid or hollow shaft
• include dual Ethernet ports with embedded Ethernet/IP switch for linear networks and Device Level Ring topologies
• have an IP67 washdown rating
• have fully configurable resolution and scaling in Studio 5000 and support single or multi-turn applications.
For more information on 843ES CIP Safety over Ethernet/IP, please call your local NHP Account Representative or email us:
Australia - 1300 NHP NHP firstname.lastname@example.org
New Zealand - 0800 NHP NHP email@example.com